I Want Bing In My FireFox
Specifically this is for the search done in the Location bar. Setting that little search bar is a no brainer and most people can figure it out. The location bar is a different matter.
From FireFox’s support site about the location bar search.
- In the Location bar, type about:configand press Enter.
- The about:config “This might void your warranty!” warning page may appear. Click I’ll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
Changing the keyword service
You can specify any valid URL to perform the Internet Keyword searches by modifying the keyword.URL preference in the about:config page:
- To use the Browse by Name service from in earlier versions of Firefox, keyword.URL can be set to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=. Google will forward you to the relevant site if it finds a clear match. Otherwise, the search results page will be displayed.
- To use Bing, set keyword.URL to http://www.bing.com/search?q=.
- To reset the Internet Keywords service to use a standard Google search, right-click on keyword.URL and select Reset.
There is a lot more on that website, but this is the bit that pertains to my topic.